Thursday, February 09, 2006

Guess where I am

I am not in rainy old Portland. I am in a beautiful, sunny city, rich in history and culture. I am still in the United States, but it feels like a foreign country.

Here's a hint. This beautiful place was discovered by Chrisopher Columbus and settled by Ponce de Leon. It was claimed by Spain (see Queen Isabella below) and obtained by the US as a result of the Spanish American war.

OK, by now you have probably figured out that I am in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We arrived last night and spent today walking all over old San Juan. The buildings are painted wonderful colors and the flowers and plants are amazing and the sky is the most incredible blue and the ocean is that unreal Carribean blue. It is good to be here.

We are staying in a Hotel that was a convent 300 years ago. It is quite lovely. Tomorrow we are going to drive out to a rain forest.








P.S. My feet really hurt.




No comments:

Post a Comment