Saturday, September 06, 2014

Anticipation...

 

I am ready. Early tomorrow morning we are leaving for Spain. I have been looking forward to this for a long time. We were in Spain in 1972 and I have wanted to go back ever since. We did not see enough the first time. I am packed and I am ready. I will do my best to stay in touch.

The past few weeks have been spent getting ready for the trip and getting ready for all that is coming up when we get home. I am participating in a show/sale in early October and wanted to have things organized for that before I left. I have been making some smaller pieces, including these sketchbooks.

The larger ones are fabric covers over some nice purchased sketchbooks. The smaller ones are covers for small sketchbooks I made. Two of them in the center of the photo without their covers. They are a good size to carry in a purse or backpack and I made a closure on each one to keep it nicely contained.

These are an experiment. I hope people like them.

I' ve had a lot of good news in the past couple of weeks. Sold a couple of pieces and had work accepted for a couple of shows. I was especially pleased that my "Red Domes" sold out of the High Fiber Diet Simply Red show at the Newport venue. I got a nice email from the new owner. So nice to hear that someone is excited to take home something I made. I hope they enjoy it for many years. Goodbye, Red Domes—I'll miss you!

So, that's the news from Oregon. Next stop, Spain!

 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to see this photo of Red Domes....It is a great piece and what wonderful news that it will be living with folks who are truly happy to have it....and great news to see out of the High Fiber show. Now to go to Spain...or should I say, return after a long wait. so much great art to see and the buildings are some of my favorites...perhaps another story or two in textile will come alive when you return. Have such a grand excursion, eat great food, take lots of photos and just have a most deliciously wonderful time.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for all the sales! Have a wonderful holiday.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Red Domes and I'm sure someone will be enjoying it for a long time.
    Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:34 PM

    Enjoy your trip,I look forward to photos and travel news. Julie

    ReplyDelete