Wednesday, February 25, 2015

When it rains, it pours

Seems like a lot of things have come together all at the same time. I'm feeling really "out there" this month. Unplanned, but it has made for some nice excitement here.

First, the article and pattern for my little sculptural birds that was first published in 2009 has been republished in a new Quilting Arts publication called "Make It". It is great to see that they are still viable and pleases me that people continue to enjoy them.

Then came a copy of a Dutch Magazine called Quilt & Zo, with an interview, photos of my work, and a little project I designed for them.

This was so fun! I wrote it all in English, of course, but the magazine is written in Dutch. I'm not sure my work has ever been translated into another language before. Ray showed the magazine to Sofia, who began reading it aloud, then stopped and said, " what does this mean? It makes no sense!" I am really impressed by how beautifully this article is put together and just sorry my US friends don't have access to it. If you go to their website ( http://www.quilt-en-zo.nl/?p=current ) and are using a device with Flash player, you can see more of the magazine by clicking the little cover image.

And finally, but maybe most exciting of all, my first article for the beautiful online magazine Through Our Hands, is in the new issue. I will be writing regularly for this quarterly publication.

This is a real thrill for me. The UK based 'zine is the creation of Laura Kemshall and Annabel Rainbow, two artists I have long admired. I love the beautiful, artful focus of the publication. You can read the entire magazine online, even subscribe for free. http://www.throughourhands.co.uk/ So much to love here!

This makes me really happy. Really happy!

18 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see that you are part of the Through Our Hands team! Your thoughtful, artful voice shines through your writing and this is such a classy publication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your publications! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your well deserved recognitions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, Terry. Thrilled seems highly appropriate. The UK magazine is lovely, and I'm sure readers will appreciate your ability to express yourself so vividly as well as your beautiful art. (Nice of them to post the magazine too!) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! Congratulations on all the publications! I'm going to have to find Through Our Hands. Also, that quilt with the hanging shirt is fabulous. Don't believe I've seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Terry, Thank you for your lovely post - we're delighted that you've agreed to write for Through Our Hands and can't wait to see what you come up with next! We've put a link to your blog on our facebook page, and hope that's ok with you.Congratulation on all your other publications too! Annabel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Through Our hands is a wonderful publication.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I love this e zine. Exciting news.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:58 AM

    I've always believed that your writing ability is as great a talent as your artistic ability. It's wonderful that you are being recognized and published!!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. huge congrats, Terry! A regular in Through our Hands is FABULOUS!!!! (And I just read that Laura Kemshall reads your blog regularly, and gosh, that would be thrill enough for me. :-)
    It's your time! Shine Bright! well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great, very deserving. You have a unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have just read this blog post and the article in Through Our Hands. As someone who is trying to get back to art work, the TOH article is brilliant and inspiring. I am glad there will be more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!, Terry,
    Congrats.
    This is so exciting and well deserved. I am looking forward to your writings in Through our Hands.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should feel VERY happy! You have had an impressive run!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Terry, How wonderful for you. As a blog reader, I appreciate both your art and your writing. The mind images from your article had me sitting right there with you as you painted with your racing heartbeat. Thank you also, for introducing me to this lovely new magazine. Marken

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on all your publications!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your Make It article while I was in Australia. World wide fame...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Terry. And thanks also for the link to Through Our Hands - what a lot of fabulous information and textile art!

    ReplyDelete