Monday, August 24, 2015

I thought I was done...

I really did, so I hung it up to look at for awhile and something kept nagging at me. Something else. It just needed something else, and I kept thinking I wish I had put just a spot of something red in there. It really seemed to be crying for just a little red—a roof, or??

And there was something else that just wasn't quite right. It didn't take long to make just some small changes and now I think it is done.

Camas Prairie finished and now I'm on to something new.

What a busy summer it has been. Beth and I haven't gotten a lot of walking in, but had a good walk this morning. Our favorite walk has thrived in our absence.

The Beavers and ducks have well and truly taken over a section of our paved walking path, which has been under water long enough now that wetland foliage has begun to grow up along the new shoreline and the dog walkers have worn a new path uphill from where the old one disappears into the water.

We've yet to see a beaver, but there is plenty of evidence that they are there, busily designing thir new habitat.

 

Beaverton. I guess there's a reason they named the town that.

 

7 comments:

  1. The darker lines and little red car are the perfect finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect addition for "grounding"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Terry, I had to smile when I saw the title for the blog post. I knew something wasn't right with a piece of work and we were going to see just how dramatic a small change can be. Love the red truck! Better than a red roof any day.

    Nena

    ReplyDelete
  4. the red truck in genius and the darker outline in the sky was needed - when I first looked at this I was sure you were going to add a picket fence of some sort....fooled me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the small changes (big impact) you made with the red truck and the darker lines. Perfect. It would have taken me ages to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, Terry.. I also really like the pathways in the photo..

    ReplyDelete
  7. another beauty!!! Your changes were perfect. I think seeing a piece up on the wall, at eye level really helps. Flat just distorts. Susan Carlson works on an old drafting table at a angle--90 degrees? the table top rubs against her knees. I want one.

    ReplyDelete