Monday, October 03, 2005

Bird

I made this little bird today to send to the second round of the artdoinggood fundraiser for hurricane victims. You may recognize the bird. He was in another piece that I showed you a couple weeks ago. He was a different color in that piece. This piece is only 6" square--just about the smallest art quilt I have ever made.

I like birds. I enjoy watching them in the yard at the feeders and the birdbaths. I am not very knowledgeable. I have a bird book, but I find it hard to identify the birds using the book. I think I have found my bird then notice that this species is only found in Patagonia or some such thing. But I love images of birds. I have a bunch of Mexican pottery birds that I have collected over the years.

4 comments:

  1. I like birds too and love watching them at the feeder in the garden. Almost as therapeutic as watching fish! Your tiny quiltlet is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful as always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo, I love this little quilt. Are you going to enter it into Fine Focus? You should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love birds, in my case chickens lol...I will be working a big stone ware one soon ...I will post it to my blog ...
    http://coloratic.blogspot.com/
    Rosy

    ReplyDelete