Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In today's mail

My copy of American Quilter containing an article I wrote.

It is about the fusing technique I use for my art quilts—my own invention, sort of.

I wrote a blog tutorial about the technique several years ago, which led to my being asked to write the magazine article. The folks who make the Liquid Thread product that I use were pretty happy when I published the blog tutorial and sent me a nice package of their products. They should be even happier to see the printed article. You can see there is a photo of their product included in the article.

The article includes a pattern page in case you'd like to make the little "Bird with Berry" piece that illustrates the article.

Pretty neat, huh?

12 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Terry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! Congratulations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEAT! After reading your original blog post for your technique with this product, I now know that there's a bunch of reading I need to do in your archive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoohoo Terry!
    I think I have to try your technique...I really do like the black outlining...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty neat indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, birthing your babies took less time than this actually making it into print didn't it?

    Congratulations, very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent; I know how satisfying it is to see one's own work in print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet!!! Congratulations! That's wonderful - you're famous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo Terry!!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Congratulations, Terry! They should keep you supplied with liqui-fuse for life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just received my issue on Thursday and found your article very informative. It is a very unique technique that I will be trying. Congratulations Terry!

    ReplyDelete