One of the things I have noticed about a lot of quilt (and other) art, is that many pieces could be improved with some judicious cropping. I have been sorting through small pieces and preparing some to display at the Open Studio event that happens in a couple of weeks. When I showed that less than wonderful piece of the Santa Barbara Mission tower awhile back I speculated on some possible crops to improve it. Today I went for a pretty radical one and I think it improved it greatly.
I also had a small study I had done for the Nasturtium piece.
I think this crop improved it.
It is always disheartening to cut big hunks of fabric and stitching off your work, but it usually makes it better. Same with photographs. I wish I could better anticipate those things. Better planning. Better sketches.
Today's over dyes.
Oh yum. I'd like about four more of those red and white stripe shirts.