Sunday, May 25, 2014

Digital Drawing Day - Yellow



I love this little yellow bowl. I bought it in Ecuador several years ago. It is quite small—about 3 inches across. I have a purple one and a green one too, but the yellow is my favorite. 

I made a very fussy drawing of it, with a lot of shading and attention to getting the shape just right and it looked pretty bad. Lost the joy of that cheerful little vessel altogether. So I changed to a fat line "brush" and drew right over the top of that agonized drawing. I like this so much. I wonder how I could get to this kind of freedom with my fabric work. I want to think about that. 

iPad, Sketch Club app, New Trent Arcadia stylus

Next week: shoe

4 comments:

  1. Very joyful!
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one too Terry. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you layered fabrics and then added your "signature" little black line to outline the shape you would have what you want????

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! Love the simplicity..

    ReplyDelete