Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Neutral

Trying my best to embrace the neutral. Here's a little before and after stitching.

Crazy, right? This is why I love my medium. Stitching can transform the design.

I am also trying out a different kind of edge finish.

Then I had this idea that I wanted to fiddle with, involving a pattern cut from white fabric and laid over a scrappy background.

 

 

Slightly inspired by Moorish design.

One of these days I need to get an idea for the real neutral piece.

We are off to Montana tomorrow to visit family. Looking forward to some beautiful fall scenery.

 

6 comments:

  1. I like the last one very much! Isn't it fun to just sit and delicately cut away the spaces between the lines? I have been doing some work where I cut away the lines from the spaces and fuse it back together like a jigsaw on a dark background.
    I am saving the cut out lines. They might be important at some point!
    Sandy in the UK
    PS enjoy your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It glows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitching certainly has transformed the first piece and I really like the way that the placement of the pattern allows the background to glow through the central star shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! My grandgirl and I are impressed :) Thanks for the idea and inspiration, Terry!

    ReplyDelete