Friday, May 05, 2006

Setting up for the Plant Sale

This weekend Ray and I are going to sell our garden art at the Clackamas County Master Gardeners' Spring Garden Fair. Today we went out to the Clackmas County Fairgrounds where the fair is held and set up our booth. We are newbies. We have never participated in this sale before, but we are really looking forward to it.

We have gone to the sale in past years and it is really a great display of plants and flowers and art. We were pleased to find that our booth is located in a smaller, grassy area, rather than in the big, paved area where most of the booths will be. It's a good location that everyone has to walk past as they come into the show. That is our white canopy on the right. We don't know who will be next to us on either side. They hadn't set up yet, by the time we finished.

Today we set up the canopy, then we decided where things will be. We were a little nervous about leaving things overnight, so we didn't leave any of the art there, but did leave our tables and chairs, and we got everything ready to hang.

Our booth backs up to an orange, temporary fence. Nice and colorful, isn't it?


If you are in the vicinity, come out and see us!



On a separate note—I took this picture out in my yard this morning. Isn't this tulip wonderful? I love the symmetry of the design.

As you can see, it has been a beautiful day here, today.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could make it out there, unfortunately I have a very busy week-end. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the Garden sale!!!

    That tulip is FABULOUS!!!
    I'll have to dig out my tulip catalogues and see if that one is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could come by, but I am working at my own sale! There is a quilt show up the street at another Episcopal church (near our home) - might check that out. good luck today!

    ReplyDelete