Monday, June 05, 2006

Are you tired of this topic yet?

Here's today's update on the razer wire protest art caper.

My little banner was gone today. I was prepared for that. And, no, it wasn't in the trash barrel this time. Beth had made a little banner. Hers has an angel on it with the words, "If I had the wings of an angel, over these prison walls I would fly." I had also come prepared with some bright ribbons and some little fluttery tags, printed with quotes, such as "Good Fences Make Good Neighbors" by Robert Frost and other quotes about good neighbors and ugliness in the world.

We are trying to do this without the regular walkers or neighbors knowing who is responsible, so we got a few bits up then had to hurry off when we heard dogwalkers coming. We added the rest on our return trip. Nothing like a little civil disobediance to make two old broads, in sensible shoes, feel feisty and rebellious!

Here is my co-conspirator with her handiwork.

We met the dachshund ladies along the trail and they were talking about the display on the razer wire and were happy to see it. We didn't confess our role, but were gratified to know that someone had noticed.

6 comments:

  1. Terry, I love your fence rebellion! Keep it up! It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for others to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this topic and I hope you'll keep us posted on it right along. I hope it catches on and others add to it too. You and Beth rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE the idea of putting protest art on the fence.

    And a belated thank you, 10 times over, for not only writing the tutorial on the fusing, but posting the link to the quiltart list. Now if I could just get my drawing to look as good as yours I'd be set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:21 AM

    up the rebellion, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock, you old fiesty broads, you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Hey, can some of us send contributions to the protest??

    teri (the other one)

    ReplyDelete