Friday, June 02, 2006

Update

This morning I found that my little piece of "protest" art had disappeared from the fence, but of course the offending razer wire was still there, ugly as ever. Since we walk "out" on the trail and then back again, we pass the site twice. On our way back it occurred to me to look in the trash barrel a few yards down the trail. There was my little banner!—neatly rolled and stashed in among the Starbucks cups and fast food wrappers. I fished it out, tied up the broken cord, and put it back on the fence. I'm sure its days are numbered.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:15 PM

    You "Go Girl"!!!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a rebel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, whether the little banner stays up or not you have been able to make a statement. That's something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be cool if you could encourage others who use the trail to hang their own banners? Think how colorful the fence could become!! Maybe start a campaign at Starbucks ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:58 PM

    Hmmm, maybe I should add a banner to the collection, so that the trash can ultimately gets overflowing.

    I am proud, proud, proud of you!!

    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't funny where art takes us? Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go. Can I come over and walk with you one day so that I can see the banner and the unsightly spot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:56 AM

    I think a bigger banner is called for. Yeah...bigger. They've thrown down the gauntlet.

    ReplyDelete