Tuesday, November 21, 2006

36 years ago today


The wedding took place at the Pocatello First Methodist Church, followed by a reception in the fireside room, followed by dinner and my Dad's homemade wine at my parents' house. We had such a good time at the party that everyone finally made us leave and we departed for our 3-day honeymoon in romantic . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Salt Lake City. (We were poor, it was close—and we're not even Mormon)
I made my dress. I still think it is pretty. My headpiece and veil were my "something borrowed" so you can blame my friend Kathleen for that goofy-looking thing. Ray looks stunned, doesn't he? I only just noticed how short his rented tuxedo pants were.

We've accomplished a lot in 36 years and I see no end to the fun! Life is good.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and Ray. From a frequent reader - Del Thomas in Placentia, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! 36 years! Happy anniversary, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:48 PM

    Happy anniversary, Terry. Somehow your wedding photo reminded me of ours -- the vintage was pretty close, although my cousin made my dress -- and my sister cut it up to make a prom dress a couple of years later.

    But I like you headgear better than mine. By the way, I would recognize Ray's look anywhere snort

    June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary yesterday! I'm stunned that we are coming up on 24 years....gasp! Cheers, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Terry! I agree with you - your dress is very elegant. Do you still talk to Kathleen??!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:09 PM

    OMG! I missed this yesterday. That photo is classic. Impressive sewing skills! I have another blogging friend who had her 36th anniversary this week - Judy in the Dyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete