Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy Birthday, Cayo

Today is the birthday of my favorite (OK, my only) son-in-law, Carlos Julio, known to friends and family as Cayo. Cayo grew up in the beautiful city of Cuenca, Ecuador, where my daughter met him in 1998. They married in 2005 and moved to the United States this July.

Cayo has a great sense of humor. He is creative and hardworking, an excellent cook and baker of banana bread and carrot cake. In Ecuador he was an architect and he is also a talented artist. He is currently studying English and adjusting to life in a new country and city. I can only imagine how difficult all this is, yet he makes it look easy. Can you tell we are very fond of him?

Feliz CumpleaƱos, Cayo!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Cayo, hope you're spending it doing something interesting and fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:55 PM

    He makes carrot cake?!! Now, I KNOW that I am going to like this young man.
    Hope your day was a happy one, Cayo.

    ReplyDelete