1. My hair started turning grey before I was thirty. For many years it was Taylor Hicks salt and pepper, then it turned nearly totally white about 10 years ago. I only dyed it once and the color, which was supposed to be chestnut, turned out kind of khaki greenish. I have never tried dying it again.
2. As the director of the Pocatello, Idaho YWCA, my mother established the first battered women's shelter in the state of Idaho. I was among the first volunteers to (wo)man the shelter. I was stunned at the need and the response. The shelter is still in existence and in nearly 30 years has served thousands of women and undoubtedly saved lives. I could tell you some pretty grim stories.
3. I am unlucky at cards, but lucky at love.
4. As an art major I graduated from college unqualified to do anything, but over the years I have had many jobs, including:
- Traveling consultant for college sorority
- Interior Designer
- Sewing teacher at a Singer store
- Window Display designer for the Bon Marche department store in Boise*
- Jr. High Art teacher (had to go back to school for a teaching certificate)
- Gift shop manager at the Oregon Shakespearean Festival
- Quilt Shop owner
- Fabric Company Sales Rep
- Administrative Assistant for a non-profit (accounting job—what was I thinking?)
- Graphic Designer (went back to school again)
*this job paid the least, but was the most fun.
5. I don't like watermelon or corn on the cob. That's unpatriot, I know. I don't like mayonaise either. (Just typing that word made me gag a little)
6. I am somehow able to convince people that I am very organized. I'm not.
7. From the time I was I child just as I was falling asleep I would hear a voice say my name. The voice was very familiar but I could never quite recognize it. It is spooky. It still happens. I thought for years that I was the only one that experienced this phenomenon, then I learned that it happens to Kermit the Frog as well. (last verse 1:00) Whoa.
Now to tag seven others:
June Underwood - June may not want to do this, modest person that she is, but I'll bet her seven random facts would be very interesting
Carla - She is my old college friend. She blogs under the radar, but is also an interesting person and will have seven interesting facts, I feel sure
Reva - Maybe she'll blog seven recipes. Her food photos and descriptions make my mouth water.
The Mater - She's a loving grandmother who plays polkas on the accordian and flirts with the sheriff
Gerrie - I'm sure there must be at least seven things we don't all know yet
Jane Ann - A Southern lady who sews barefooted like me
Who else wants to play? Tag yourself for number 7