Monday, January 14, 2008

Chocolate and Sofia

The deadline for the next Twelve by Twelve challenge (see the link in the sidebar) is coming right up. The theme this time around is "chocolate". This called for a lot of research—good thing the holidays provided plenty of tasting opportunities. I am working away on my piece and it is coming together nicely, in my opinion. Here is a piece of fabric I silk-screened especially to use in the chocolate challenge.

I'm not going to explain yet how this relates to chocolate, but I will show you the inspiration for this design.

Stay tuned.

...........................

Sofia came to visit today. It was nice to have her here to myself this afternoon. When her other grandmother was here, I tried to let her stock up on Sofi hugs and kisses and memories to take back to Ecuador, so I tried to stay out of the way. We miss Abuela Chela, but I have to say I am happy to have my grandbaby to myself again!

Since you last saw her she has learned to read.



Yeah, really. She's reading—



in Spanish.

Well, she thinks she's reading, anyway.

8 comments:

  1. Yay, a Sofia sighting. That girl is brilliant-no doubt about it. Brains & Beauty-Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that cute of a face, I can see why you are happy to have her to yourself. I am looking forward to the chocolate unveiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Terry, that's the CUTEST baby! (But you already know that.) Don't you just say prayers of thanks every day that she lives so nearby? I am also so fortunate and I never take the privilege for granted. Lucky you and lucky Sofia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw her hair on her forehead and started laughing. She is so gorgeous. And brilliant, too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you...I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's such a beautiful baby!
    Can she read english too?..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly believe how much she has grown. What fun!

    I await the chocolate piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of paint did you use with your screen?
    Oh yes, the grand-baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete