Last summer I bought a couple of solar powered Japanese style lanterns to use outside. I really enjoyed them on the deck and I was intrigued with the idea of making lanterns from fabric that would be a little more colorful and interesting than the very plain ones I bought. The catch was finding the solar powered light to go inside. I looked at lights on the internet and didn't find what I thought I needed, plus the ones I found were pretty expensive. Then one day I was in the garden section at K Mart and saw these individual solar lights. I discovered that the stakes popped right off leaving just the light. And the price was right. Perfect.
So, those of you that guessed that yesterday's project was some kind of lampshade were pretty much right.
Here's a somewhat blurry photo of how it looked tonight.
I may make a couple more of these. I think my design could be refined a bit.