I seem to have made it over some kind of hump and have really been making progress in getting the studio loft organized. It is getting kind of exciting now and I am anxious to get it done.
Awhile back my friends, Norm and Paula offered me a nice red rug that they were getting rid of. It had one problem—an unsightly worn spot. Not a hole. The rug was still basically viable, but it appears to be woven from jute that is wrapped in a red fiber, possibly wool. The red fiber had worn off in one area only, leaving the jute exposed. I considered painting the exposed jute red, but decided to see if I could repair it in a way with a bit more integrity. I found a yarn that is close to the color, but not perfect. You know, you can never really perfectly match these things. I took a big needle and started wrapping the yarn around the exposed areas.
It is the slightly darker area just below the center of the rug on the right side. I think it will be fine and add a nice bit of warmth to my "reading corner" in the loft.
I feel so smart and virtuous!