Thursday, June 23, 2016

Time passing

Two years ago I made a little fabric hanging from some odds and ends of my fabrics and project by-products, to hang outside. I liked seeing it hanging on the tree next to the bridge and passed it daily.

It hung there through sun and rain, wind and weather. Last summer I noticed it had faded a bit.

 

Several weeks ago I found it in the mud at the foot of the tree, so I took it to the studio and washed it up, then hung it back on the tree.

 

It is aging even more noticeably than I am! But it still has life and seems even more at home and comfortable than when it was young and bright.

And so it goes...

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure I remember you posting about this when you first made it. It seems like a long time ago. Time does indeed pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! Gives me an idea for a shade garden I'm creating at the edge of a wooded area near our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:48 AM

    I'm glad you saved it. I loved it when you first made it and I agree that it is aging wonderfully. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the beautiful piece is aging wonderfully well..looks as great as when you first installed it and posted the picture, perhaps even better today.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we all are a bit more comfortable and at home in our own skins after we have aged a bit!

    ReplyDelete