Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday, Sunday!

Beautiful day today, so I took the opportunity to photo a couple of things. The first is my finished "Laurel" piece. It is 12" square


You may remember that it was going to be part of a larger piece and it just didn't work. Once I realized it would stand on its own and took the larger piece apart I knew it was the right thing. Someone else thought so too, because it has been sold and I will be sending it to its new owner this week, so I wanted a good picture for my own record.

The other piece I photo'd today is my 12 x 12 "Mathematics" themed piece. They will be revealed on December 1. I can't show it to you yet, but here is a tiny detail.


The original, larger Laurel piece was to be my piece for the High Fiber Diet "Line Dance" show, so after it was taken apart it no longer fit the criteria for that and I was back to square one. I think I have an idea for that, however. Remember when I was making little 2" square pieces from my scraps? (You can see some here and here and here) I am playing with the idea of using some of them with the green line and I like what I am seeing so far.



I think this has possibilities.

7 comments:

  1. I think your Laural piece is divine! I kind of reminds me of poinsettias *hint, hint*.

    I really love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you ended up with the Laural piece, and I really love the green line piece so far. I can't wait to see the completed piece. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! You are on a roll. I love the Laurel piece. Someone is very lucky to have it! The green line pieces are very intriguing
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I got to see your green line piece in person. On my display the line looks beige; I wouldn't have known what you were talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Laurel piece. :) Good movement and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful piece! I love the little berries peeking out in the center.
    Lovely work.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete