Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Foxgloves

The foxgloves are blooming at the side of the house, along with the roses. The vast amounts of rain this Spring seems to have been appreciated by the foxgloves. They are freakishly tall this year. I love foxgloves, though they grow wild around here and spread like crazy—little bit weedy, some people think. But I find them hard to resist.

I made a little foxglove quilt several years ago. It was for a QuiltArt Challenge called "The Straight and Narrow." All long skinny pieces. It is still up on the QuiltArt web site, though I think it has been at least 6 years ago.
I showed it at the Japanese Garden and sold it. It was on the postcard for the Japanese Garden show that year and I ended up with a handful of the leftover postcards. If I cut out the image of the quilt it is a good size and shape for a bookmark, so I have made several.

Would you like a foxglove bookmark? I have 8 to give away. I will send one to the first 8 people who leave a comment saying they would like one. Of course you will have to send me your mailing address. Don't leave your address in the comments, email me separately. Here's a link to my email address.

16 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I would absolutely love one! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can just bring me one!! I was noticing the Foxglove in the hood today. It seemed rather lanky to me, to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, I would love a bookmark. I have a few foxgloves that I dug up at my Mom's. They much prefer the clay soil there than the desert sand here! I baby them and they are finally rewarding me with blooms. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:35 AM

    Wow, could I be a lucky one? I feel bad for leaving a comment for this, since I never did before. But I love your site and follow you truely, so I dare to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd also love a bookmark, Terry. I have to tell you that the 12 X 12 exhibition was AWESOME - I saw it in Melbourne. Thank you for the link to the Straight and Narrow exhibition. Cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry, I would love one of your bookmarks! I love foxgloves too!

    Hugz

    Sally in Hobart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only six comments, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't e-mailed you privately and taken the remaining two bookmarks. If there are any left I would love one - you have my address, I believe.
    Nice to know that our friend June is doing okay. Love, Del

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:33 AM

    I just planted two foxgloves yesterday. They must bloom later here in Spokane. Would love a bookmark if not too late

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am comment #9, but that doesn't matter. Your work is so beautiful, I just had to leave a comment anyway! It is always a pleasure to see what you do because it always sparks my creativity. And the foxgloves are blooming in CT, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved foxglove. The quilt is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, love your work. I also love your photos of the rain and your garden and creek and bridge and etc., etc. Thank you for sharing so generously!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, bummer, I am too late. I do love the quilt and foxgloves. What a great idea to use the postcards for bookmarks. Wonderful Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely quilt and you chose such gorgeous colors, would you mind if I copy and pasted the quilt picture to make myself a bookmark since I am too late?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:13 PM

    Oops! I am way too late, but at least I tried! Our foxgloves in Northern CA are also really, really tall this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I'm too late...:(...but if anybody doesn't respond could I have #8...PLEASE?!?! You are sooooo talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1:57 PM

    The bookmark arrived today, and it is lovely. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete