Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Heart-shaped leaves

One of the things that attracted me to the falling down house in Baños was that amazing vine that grew across the stair rails. The leaves were big hearts. I really wanted to get that vine right. I drew leaves, then colored them, using a piece of coarse sandpaper as a rubbing plate to give them a little texture, then I cut them out last night while I watched TV. Several times Ray looked over and said, "that looks tedious!"

Well, it was a lot of cutting of tiny things, but I think it worked out pretty well. Today I stared fusing all those little heart leaves and it was a good approximation of the vine I remembered.


I'm glad you liked my foxgloves quilt. The bookmarks will be in the mail soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm making something with realistic leaves too. I'm trying to decide whether to fuse them or to make them 3D. Yours look like they have dimension because of teh shading and he dark between the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love this vine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Perfect! And the shading is the crowning glory. I love the way your mind works.

    ReplyDelete