Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer night

Last night the windows were open and I could hear the frogs singing and smell the smells of grass and fir and earth. I looked out the window and could see my batik lantern glowing at the bend in the pathway. We walked out to stand in the darkness, look up at the trees and sky and feel that summer is finally here. Something about a summer night, moon and stars, frogs and crickets and softly swishing evergreens high above. It connects you with every human who ever stood in the dark, taking in a summer night.



When I turned to go back up to the house—the quilt framed by the window.  It was like seeing it for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. I almost fell off the chair when I saw this image. Just the most evocative and mysterious photo I've seen in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting composition echoing off-set layout from the cropping of the quilt, open window and placement of window on the dark home. I love this image.

    ReplyDelete