Saturday, September 25, 2010

The scary-looking platform


When I posted this photo yesterday a couple of commenters said it looked like we were perched on chairs on top of a table and it looked rather precarious! Really, it wasn't, though, looking at the picture I can see that it appears that we were higher off the ground than we actually were. The event was at the Expo Center and this platform is one that they use to create a stage or raised dais by pushing a bunch of them together. This was only one section, but very sturdy and there are stairs at the far end, even though it was only about 18" high. I assure you it felt very secure and at no time did I feel in danger of toppling off, but I appreciate your concern!

1 comment:

  1. I'm slow to see your blog about the discussion, but it sounded good. The slowness has to do with internet connections which are even slower than I am. Glad you are getting organized. Someday I'm going to do that.

    And the halloween costume is wonderful and just what I'd expect from your talented self. It boggles my mind to think that we can be friends when my very best halloween costumes for Jan involved pillowcases with eyes cut into them --snort--

    ReplyDelete