Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Two tea cups


I have started putting some things together, using the tea cups I have been making. This is a very small piece. The piece itself is about 5" x 11.5" and mounted on a 9" x 12" board that I covered with black linen. For the background I used a piece of fabric that I painted to use in my next 12 x 12 work. This was leftover from that. It is difficult to see in this photo, but along the top edge there is a piece of copper wire that I hammered and then treated with vinegar to create a blue-green patina. I am working on a larger tea cup piece, which I will show you when it is finished. The simplicity of these pieces pleases me. Not sure where this is going, but I am enjoying making cups. I think I will try some different shapes. Also some other kinds of vessels—jars, bowls, pitchers.

Tomorrow our STASH group is taking a field trip out through the Columbia Gorge to the Maryhill Museum, which sits on a bluff overlooking the Columbia on the Washington side. It is a fascinating little museum with a very interesting history. I have been there several times, but I love it every time. I hope I can bring back some interesting photos to share.

5 comments:

  1. The small stone. Ah. The Zen .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Maryhill. BTW, love the cups, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the teacups. How about incorporating a teapot? The entire Japanese tea ceremony... Did you ever read "The Zen of Creativity" by John Daido Loori?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this piece. It is very restful. Tea with a good friend. Welcome to the table.

    Have fun at the Maryhill Art Museum - we visited it in May of this year. Love the peacocks roaming the grounds...then there is the Maryhill winery. Yum.

    ReplyDelete