Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One day and then the next day

That is how fast the studio is changing this week! Here's how it looked yesterday.


And this is what it looks like today.


This is pre-primed siding and trim, so no, these are not the colors it will be. Interestingly, however, it looks like it was painted to match our house, which is yellow with white trim. But it will be the colors that eventually the house will be. Not yellow.

I had a photo on my phone of our new cat with our yellow house in the background. When I opened it up at a larger size I could see it was quite out of focus. So I have been playing with it in Photoshop. Can an out of focus shot be rehabilitated? Not really, but you can turn it into a faux Impressionist painting.


Thor, who is actually Andy's cat, has come to live with us. Andy had to move and his new place does not allow pets. Seems like we have gotten pets in just this same way before! Thor was, at first, very unhappy and unfriendly, but he is slowly adjusting to us. He is a very beautiful boy with a sleek, black coat. Did Monet have a cat? If so, he probably looked like Thor.

12 comments:

  1. I know you've been waiting for this for a long time, so it feels like the building is taking forever, but it sure seems to be moving along so quickly from my perspective. What a wonderful place you will have to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! And you have got me thinking -- we are about to paint the outside of our house and now I'm contemplating yellow as an option...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thor seems to be adjusting quite nicely. The other day when I pulled into our driveway, he was sitting very contentedly near your side door, not at all afraid of my vehicle. Glad he's starting to feel "at home."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! Looks like 2 days from now you'll be all moved in and sewing. :)

    I'm following along out here and really impressed with that loft. If I were you, I'd never be in the actual house. They'd have to drag me out of that studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:06 AM

    Oh, so beautiful!!! I am so excited for you. You will be so happy in your 'play house' and will create so many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, it looks like a dream space to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The building is really going fast. It looks like it is going to be a wonderful space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Monet had a cat he probably saw it just as the photo shows Thor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, he definitely looks like Monet's cat. And he is going to love keeping you company in your new studio. That round window looks like it had a cat in mind...or the loft ledge. Actually I think your studio has a number of Thor spots (har, har, har!) [Ummm, sorry...]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good post! Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the faux Monet. Chat au Jardin; haven't I seen that in the Louvre?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes cats find you. What a lucky cat.

    ReplyDelete