Thursday, December 01, 2011

Off in a whole different direction

Yes, everything you said about that heart yesterday was right—too spiky, too fussy, too much reminiscent of hot air balloons, though I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. Really, nothing to be done for it. No, Jeri, no amount of stitching will save it.

So today I was off in a whole different direction—curvy, swirly. I think this is much better for my uses.

Could it be any more different?! What would you call this? My idea was a little bit traditional Valentine, a little bit Victoriana, but not. This will be part of a much larger piece and will be about making Valentines. Does this give you more of a cut paper, homemade Valentine vibe?

 added note: Omigosh. I just noticed that there is a face in there. A lion, maybe? Do you see it? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

13 comments:

  1. Definitely one of the large cats, personally I think it is quite unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:45 PM

    I think a face is less visible in this heart than the first one, which had a downturned mouth. But once you pointed it out, I could make it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not seeing the face that much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, BIG cat. Maybe "stylized Victorian". And I think you cut into the fabric we both bought in Carlton? I still have mine and refuse to cut it, or part with it. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one! Of course, I would since I live in a city named Loveland. Yes, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:39 AM

    Yes, yes, yes...I like this one the best. I really don't see the face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a face, but a much nicer, friendlier one than the one I saw in your original design. That one looked really mean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie7:13 AM

    Here I am again asking about your five stack tub system in the studio. I looked for them online at IKEA (from an earlier post) and can only find them as a three stack. Were you able to purchase them as a five stack or did you do something to make them a bit higher.

    I live in Montana, with no IKEA stores nearby and love how you have managed your storage.

    radtke54@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can make out a face, but I don't think it is that visible unless you mention it. This has more flame and passion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recovery! If at first you don't succeed...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:57 PM

    Love it!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:18 AM

    Truth be told I like both hearts. They each have a little something to add to a quilt. The first heart looks like a hot air balloon and the second does look like a lion face to me.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm another one who doesn't see the lion, or face of any kind. I'm surprised you think this Victorian in flavor. I immediately thought - Late 1960's, early 70's and Ginny Beyer. Must be the patterning you chose. I like it better than the first, which was very stiff, but it doesn't evoke cut paper valentine to me.

    ReplyDelete