Monday, February 18, 2013

Pictures of pictures

That's all I have for you tonight.

It has been a strange week. I am playing a frustrating waiting for email answers game with the editor of a magazine.   This may not work out. I made a little quilt that I thought might work for the magazine. It is butt ugly. It won't work. I showed it to my STASH friends who kindly said, "it miiiight be OK...." It won't work, but if editor never gets back to me it won't matter.

Here are my pictures of pictures:



These are photos of some of my quilts that I loaded onto my Kindle Fire. I figured out how to do this at 3 am this morning when I couldn't sleep. Not that it was difficult, I just had never taken the time to figure it out. It seemed like I should have some kind of device that I carry around with photos of my quilts on it. And, as it turns out, they look incredible on the Kindle. (the reflections are a little distracting in these photos—in person is way better) Another reason to love my little Kindle.

My worse than usual night's sleep is because I am all fouled up, sleepwise. I had a really ugly stomach virus for a couple days and slept all day. (I will spare you the gruesome details) Now my brain seems to be on overdrive with all that stored up sleep.  I am hoping for a better night tonight. See what I mean?—strange week. Though I did manage to post on the drawing blog between waves of nausea.

Tomorrow I hope to photograph the Red Domes quilt. I spent much time today searching for my camera. After looking in all the usual places in both house and studio, I convinced myself it was in Ray's car, which Ray was driving in the next county. When he got home I did not find it in his car, but 10 minutes later I found it, attached to the tripod, lurking in the corner of the studio. Dorp. By then I had lost the light and the motivation.

If I don't sleep tonight I'm going to figure out how to organize those Kindle photos into albums.

1 comment:

  1. "Theresa's 2nd Kindle"? Second in a series? Or do you have two? Wish you had been with us at VAM yesterday - you could have shared the pictures with everyone. And enjoyed a lovely lunch. Love, Del-at-night

    ReplyDelete