Here's where we are today. I decided to keep the green sky and add some silhouetted buildings to the sky. Umbrellas and tables are coming along. And I fixed that thing that hit me between the eyes last night after I posted yesterday's progress. Can you see what it was? No? Well, it is subtle, but the reason I have to work a little and then look a little, then work a little and then look a little.. And sometimes seeing it on the monitor screen is even more revealing than seeing it in person. It was not about the color of the sky. It was about proportion. Here, I'll explain. Here are yesterday's version and today's side by side.
Yesterday— on the left—it was kind of top-heavy. And too evenly divided into sections. The building's half point was pretty close to the center of the composition. The sky section at the top was just about the same size as the ground section at the bottom. And the building, itself, was bulging at the top. The heaviest part needed to be shifted toward the bottom, otherwise it was all about to topple over. So today—on the right—I made the ground area bigger than the sky. I moved the tables and umbrellas downward, giving the building a little more height and moving its mid point up higher. I also straightened up those sides, so the top of the building is no longer wider than the bottom. And, by the way, the today photo is more accurate color. I used my real camera instead of my phone camera. So far this is still all pinned together. I have yet to take a stitch. Once I get the basics of the chairs in place I will probably start stitching. I started on chairs today. The tables need bases too.
Beautiful day today! I loved the sunshine coming in the skylights in the studio. What a change from yesterday's gray skies and soggy, sloggy rain. The daffodils are starting to bloom.