Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Landmark completed

Well, I ended up going with neither option. I decided the two ideas I showed yesterday both had too much going on and went with a much simpler composition.

Now I am not so happy with the colors I chose. I wish I had used something warmer. I will be playing with this idea some more. Perhaps this is only one of a series of "landmarks".

The actual piece, by the way, does not include the black background, but my plan is to mount this on a stretcher covered with black fabric.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, yes! I like this third option by far the best! You have a superb eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way this design plays with the eye - asking what am I looking at? And now I am going to beg you to go to settings and select the pop-up option for blogger comments. It makes it much esier to leave a comment about something you are looking at - especially if you have a short attention span - like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the Sydney Opera House at first glance. Is that the landmark on which this is based? Can't wait to see others in this series. I do like this setting the best. I think it kind of got lost in the other settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the texture of the quilt. I know you said you wish you would have used something warmer, but I think that the red/brown background does give me that feeling (at least with my monitor setting... I could be way off). I think you made the right choice! (both in color and the composition).

    ReplyDelete