Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Scenes from the beach

The second morning we were at the beach the power was out when we woke up. It was cold and we had no way of making coffee or cooking breakfast. Breakfast, by the way, is the one meal we get pretty serious about on these outings. Three mornings divided by 6 people means we pair up and each pair plans breakfast. The rest of our meals are catch as catch can. (I think I mentioned last year that we decided two scoops of Tillamook ice cream constitute lunch.) So on this morning there was no hot breakfast. Reva took matters into her own hands and figured out how to warm up (sorta) a cold quesadilla left over from the night before. The rest of us opted for a trip to Starbucks in Tillamook and Starbucks breakfast wraps. Beth and I cooked our planned breakfast for dinner that night. Turned out even better than if we'd planned it that way. Breakfast is always better accompanied by a nice glass of wine!

Every retreat weekend must, must include at least one good long walk on the beach regardless of weather. As it turned out the weather cleared for us. I always take my camera and I think I am going to get the greatest pictures. Somehow the pictures never really live up to the real thing. I think you have to be feeling the wind and hearing the gulls and smelling the ocean for the full effect, but here's this year's offering. Focus on textures.



Gerrie on the left, Reva, Beth—telling a big fish story I think, and Linda









5 comments:

  1. ANY day at the beach is a good day. Looks like you all had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful moss-covered concrete thingy! all of your pics are great!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog all the time and love what you share. The weekend retreat on the ocean has always been a dream of mine and I have enjoyed the pictures so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Oregon coast is held dear to us. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete