Not all of the fabric that we made at our play day last week turned out great, but if I have learned anything from Rayna it is that you just keep working at it and trying something new.
My plan for this piece was to make a piece of fabric that I could make a bird from. I centered some leaves on the wings that I had marked on the fabric, but the print was smudgy and not clear, so they look like light blobs instead of leaves. So I carved a little leaf stamp to use over those blobs.
Better. I may add something more to this.
I decided to use the leaf stamp on another piece that was a total sunprint failure.
Then I moved the freezer paper leaves and stamped more, until I had this little collection of overlapping leaves.
This is a pretty slick trick. I think this piece of fabric will definitely get some more paint before it is ready to be used for anything.