Friday, November 13, 2009

The birds in print

I created a pattern and 5 new birds for the special edition magazine called Quilt Festival Quilt Scene. This is a one-time publication of Quilting Arts magazine to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the International Quilt Festival in Houston.

I started seeing images of the cover online a couple months ago and was excited to see the birds in a little box on the cover.




The editor emailed that they had sent me a copy of the magazine a couple weeks ago, and I'm sure they sent it, but it has never arrived here. I've been looking in stores here and finally found a copy at Borders today. They had a bunch of them. Here's how the first pages of the article look in the magazine.

I love the photo of them lined up on the fence with the alpacas in the background. I just think the whole thing looks so good!

And there is a lot of other really great stuff in the magazine too.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I agree, your birds do look great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is, as the is said now, "way cool!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hooray, calay, oh frabjous day. It's particularly sweet after such a long wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how supercool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see this magazine. Congrats on your birdies getting in there! Pokey also posted a video of the phto shoot of the birds with the alpacas in the background - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birds are so sweet - my reason for buying that magazine! It really does feel great to see your hard work photographed so beautifully and finally in print, doesn't it?

    V

    ReplyDelete