Monday, February 20, 2012

Back to a neglected project

 
I started making a quilt for my grandson about a year ago. I was going to have it ready for his first birthday in August. It didn't get done and in the excitement of building the studio and moving and going to Houston and yada, yada, yada, poor Marco's quilt was set aside. I am back at it and will have it finished by his next birthday for sure. It is one of those things that is going much more slowly than I thought it would, but it will be really bright and cheery when it is finished, I think. Here is how the blocks are going together.


He is a ray of sunshine in my life, along with his sister, so I think this sunny, stripey quilt will suit him to a T. He really is the sweetest little boy. Darling Marco.


And, on another front, my old sewing room is on its way to becoming a new space for guests and for Ray to hang out. It has taken me many months to finally get all my stuff cleared out of there. This weekend Ray started the demo part. It was such an awful room. One wall is painted swimming pool turquoise, the other three are the ubiquitous blue that was painted throughout the house when we bought it. There was a mural of underwater fish that ran around the top of all the walls, and a pink carpet. Yech, pooey! Ray is wasting no time in getting it ready for its makeover.

I am thinking of putting Flor modular carpet tiles in here. Has anyone used them? I'd love to know if they are as cool as they look online.

9 comments:

  1. I have the Flor carpet tiles in my walk in closet. I love them. I wanted a floor that would not be cold when I went from the bathroom to the closet to get dressed. I like them. One nice thing is that if you buy extra tiles and you get a spill or a burn mark, you can replace them. We are talking man cave, right!! You can also have fun mixing them up and making patterns. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I love how Marco's quilt is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no experience with Flor, but I love the look of them! Go for it. :-) I love Marco's quilt too. It's coming along nicely, even if it's slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at them too. I love the patchwork design on their home page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marco's quilt is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marco's quilt is going to be awesome, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is fantastic! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the name Marco and it sure fits him, he is so cute. His quilt is wonderful.

    I have never used the carpet tiles but a friend has them in her family room (she has small kids and pets) and she swears by them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Re: the Flor tiles- they come in a wide variety so mixing and matching is fun and they ooh great in the pictures (get their catalog!) but frankly I don't like the feel of most of them, prefer a plushy feel to the harder tightly woven Berber feel. But, unless you will be rolling around in there (???) they will sure LOOK good!

    ReplyDelete