Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday stuff



Here's a little piece (7" square) that I made today for a friend whose heart has kind of taken some battering this past month.

My rubber stamp,impulsively purchased online in the throes of rubber stamp intoxication, arrived today.

I like it. It is about an inch and three quarters tall. It is my personal icon. Besides collecting old scissors, I like scissor-y things. I have several pins that are scissor designs, including these two.


That bottom one is a hoot, isn't it? Found at a crafts sale. I lost it for a long time and just found it pinned to a coat collar. I pulled the coat out of the back of the closet to take to Goodwill and there was the pin. It reminds me of a bird, with the screw for an eye and the blades as its beak, so it is kind of two favorite images in one.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:51 AM

    Your friend is very lucky to have you for a friend. It was lovely of you to make the heart quitlet for her.
    I, too, love scissors (and thimbles). The way you display yours is so clever and I may need to copy what you have done, even though I don't have nearly as many as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 7" block, and hope your friend's heart is on the mend.
    The scissor pins are nice - and even before I read your words, I also thought the bottom one looked like a bird.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all really cool. I especially like the crowscissors too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background quilting/thread work that you do. It gives each piece a wonderful base.

    ReplyDelete