Monday, September 17, 2007

Japanese Garden day

Yesterday, Sunday, was the "meet the artists" reception for the Japanese Garden Show. They don't like anyone taking pictures in the Pavilion, but I got one quick one showing part of the show.


I also took this one of Gerrie, who is showing her work at the Garden for the first time this year. I think she has already sold about 4 pieces. She was pretty excited. That is her small piece with the red moon. I just love that piece.

It was a drizzly day, but the garden is really beautiful in any kind of weather. I took the picture of the leaves so Ray can try to identify the beautiful tree they came from. Looking at this picture I am thinking it is a marijuana tree!


When we got home we were a little chilled. The weather has definitely turned fall-ish here. I made a pot of soup for dinner—my Weight Watcher influenced take on minestrone. I think it was the best soup I've ever made. And I've made some pretty good soup in my day . . .

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 AM

    I think it's a Liquid Amber. There are golden and the red which are both deciduous. I love the red ones.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! It is Japanese maple (appropriatly enough!), of which there are many varieties, some with red foliage. Perhaps you can include one in your new garden?

    What a beautiful setting for an art show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Japanese maple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dizygotheca, the dope-est looking plant I have seen yet. But know it can't be the one you photo'ed because it's a house plant. My mother had one of these, it was a great source of jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:03 PM

    I am in love with that photo with the two leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I purchased Hidden layers. I love it. Thanks,

    Elaine Millar

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is Japanese maple, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you who said Japanese Maple I'm sure are correct. I am familiar with Japanese maple--have two in the yard, but they look quite different from the one at the garden. It is the lightest green tree in the photo just above the one with the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:01 PM

    The photo of the soup is incredible and leaves me desireous of how you made it--looks like art in a bowl!

    ReplyDelete