Monday, September 03, 2007

On Labor Day

Working on the "Good to be Green" piece. The figure, who Ray has been calling "Farmer Girl" is fused and now stitched down. I've started on some of the foliage as well. Here are two of the parts laying out on the lawn where I sprayed them with fixative to set the pastel pencil I used for shadows.

Here's Farmer Girl, later, on the machine. You can see I printed a pair of overalls from the internet (I love Google Image Search!) for reference to see where the orange topstitching goes. I thought it needed this little detail.


It's a lazy Labor Day around here. No big plans, no long drives in the car. Just puttering, as we call it, when we are doing what needs to be done and working on projects.

We're humming on a piece of property we looked at last week. We've been looking at building lots, which is frustrating. Very few lots. Very small, very expensive lots. Lots on busy streets. Lots in crummy neighborhoods. Lots in hoity toity, Macmansion, not-our-style neighborhoods. Lots which have had all their beautiful trees roughly skinned right off. (Why?!) Last week we found a beautiful lot with a big wooded area and a little creek. It has a house on it. Can the house be remodeled to suit us? (Too expensive to tear down and start over) Would we be allowed to build a studio and greenhouse (my dream and Ray's dream) in the woods? Plenty to think about and research to be done.

And, oh yes! Two weeks on Weight Watchers and I am down 5 lbs.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:34 PM

    I'm loving watching this in progress, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmer Girl looks great! Hard to believe shes on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the facial details ! What a terrific piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever gal you are -- I've missed a number of blogs lately due to traveling, but this lady with her denim jumper is too cooooool! You are brilliant, whatever it's intention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a double take when I saw her stretched out on the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flip-flops! And you're so right about Google Images.

    ReplyDelete