Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gerrie!

I don't think I'm giving away any secrets if I tell you that my friend, Gerrie is 70 today! She is the youngest 70-year-old that I know.

She is unique among my friends in that I first "met" her, through her blog, when she was living in California. Then she moved to Portland and we met in real life for the first time and became good friends in the "real" world. Since her move to Portland we have had some great fun together as members of several art quilt groups and get togethers with our families.

She celebrated her birthday last weekend with a family weekend—I'm sure they had a great time, but they didn't invite all the rest of us! So our STASH group celebrated Gerrie's birthday on Thursday with our regular meeting, followed by lunch at the Oregon College of Art and Craft. I gave Gerrie the orange lily she is holding above. I've had the vase/pot for months. When I first saw it I knew it was made for Gerrie, lover of all things lime green! I'd planned to fill it with cut flowers, but when I saw that wild orange lily—well, what can I say?

The STASH group gave her this beautiful book of creches from around the world. She owns some amazing and wonderful creches. We thought she'd love the book.

Thanks for leading the way, Gerrie! You're teaching the rest of us how cool 70 will be!

For more birthday fun: http://gerriesbirthdayblog.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. At first I thought Gerrie was wearing that big orange lily and I thought PERFECT! Great pics! Happy Birthday Dear Gerrie!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous! What a lovely gift for a truly beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the pot...had I seen it I would have grabbed it either for myself or for Gerrie (if she was around, but since she's on the left coast and I'm on the right, I probably would have borrowed it for a while!). And the lily is fabulous!

    I wanna move to Portland too!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am late to thank you for this, but it has been a busy day. You are my BFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I look that great when I am 70. The pictures show a woman complete.

    ReplyDelete