Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Cold

It has been so darn cold here. (I know, I know—it's colder where you are) We are not used to these clear, cold days, but I will take the cold if it means we get some days of sunshine and blue skies. No snow yet.

Our creek was frozen. Of course there were some open spots, but more ice than I have seen.

I feel sorry for the birds. These little bushtits were swarming our suet feeder all day today.



Our morning walks have been abbreviated due to cold. We make ourselves do the first, shorter loop, then make a beeline for Starbucks and a hot cup of coffee.

I have so much to do in the next few weeks, some of it Christmas, some of it other things. I hope I can start the new year with a relatively clean slate. Nose to the grindstone until then . . .

I love this Christmas message from CBS in 1966. Gotta have a little mercy for the birds this time of year!





7 comments:

  1. Perfect commercial from CBS. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not colder here. I thought it nearly was early yesterday. Early last night it started to rain, more sleet than rain. It rained all night and there is coastal flooding yet again this season but the current temperature is above 60. The wind is blowing and the clouds can't decide which way to go but the sun is peaking through every now and then.

    It will be warmer there too. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be happy to know it's not colder here either. No ice, no rain. Bu comfort and joy I think we can manage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little cartoon was just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lake's freezing over here - at least the part where I live. Yes, colder here. When Gerrie said it was 24, I thought - wow, that's warm!

    It's all relative...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was only nine at the time, but I remember this Christmas message!!! Thanks for reminding me of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this. It's great!

    ReplyDelete