Monday, December 04, 2006

Shy girl in a fancy hat

So, before I get to the shy girl, are you ready for another Christmas song? And, by the way, I'm with Jane Ann all the way. (see yesterday's comments) I really, really hate those imbedded music videos and audios on blogs that start blasting away the second you open the blog. I like being able to just put the icon here. Take it or leave it. Not everyone likes the same music I like.
That said, this Christmas selection is, in my humble opinion, the hands-down winner for sheer joyful noise. I remember the Methodist choir of my youth giving it their all at Christmas Eve services (my parents sang in that choir) and by the time they got to the "And his name shall be call-ed WONDERFUL! COUNSELOR!..." you just wanted to stand up and cheer. (turn up your speakers for maximum enjoyment)



Now about the shy girl. This is the second of what may be a series of ladies in hats. You may remember the first one. This one is also a challenge to use that coppery painted fabric. Each member of our small group, STASH, has a piece of the fabric. I thought it would make a stunning bowler hat. I have to say I am especially fond of her scarf. I love my commercial prints.

13 comments:

  1. She's WONDERFUL! And I also love her predecesor, (Oh I wish these things had spell check!! one S or 2?) I think a series is a great idea! How big is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope this becomes a series! I love your commercial prints, too, and the the choices you've made for them. Wish this was "clickable" - I'd love to see this enlarged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful and very peaceful. Your fabric choices are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:13 AM

    That scarf looks suspiously familiar to one I purged a few years back eh? If it is I knew you would find the perfect use for it. Hope you enjoyed the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Fabulous! And I love the scarf, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so serene - thanks for sharing her - how big is she
    Lisa in Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a fun quilt! I love hats dont you? I hope that there is a series going on here. just think of those really cool hats with the netting on the brims!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one cool hat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love shy girl. (I suspect she is not really THAT shy.) I love the symmetry of the composition... and the asymmetry of the scarf and feather. Divine!

    I love Amy Grant's version of this song. Have you heard it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shy girl is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You for showing Shy Girl. I love her. Love the music to! I was fortunate to be able to sing in the Hallelujah Chorus when I was a younger woman. It is something I will never forget. Still gives me chills to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:52 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete