Sunday, May 08, 2011

The house that gives you presents


When we first started working at our current house we started finding things. Our first "presents" weren't very impressive. Then a year or so later the creek yielded some real finds. Last summer Ray dug up a very cute little vintage metal firetruck toy. Today Ray was out pulling weeds and this bracelet came up out of the ground with a big weed. Seriously. Heavy, silver. Made in Italy.

Thank you, house. It just fits. How did you know that silver bracelets are one of my favorite things?

The irony is that last summer Ray lost his watch out in the yard. We have searched high and low and in the creek and cannot find it. I think the house is holding onto it to present to a future owner.

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous surprise and a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, gifts from the universe! Wear this one well and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very nice bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful find. I also looked at your previous posts about surprises from your house ... each one is so exciting! I once lost my Class of '66 ring in my front yard, and wish I could be an invisible witness to whoever finds it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It kinda makes me wonder what the house gave the original owner of the bracelet. Who knows what untold surprises the house has gifted upon it's residents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Terry. I must say the little house we had (before the condo) only seemed to yield buried pets, and syringes....lucky Ron found thoses while digging in the yard. Wear it with good health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful garden you have. I wish mine would give presents, but I guess it does. Every time I plant some zinnia seeds I get flowers for my tables and I can enjoy the view of the beautiful flowers in bloom from my kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the bracelet and it is a very nice gift from the universe!

    ReplyDelete