Saturday, April 07, 2007

Emily's quilt

I think I have been posting too many pictures of my grandbaby, so I thought, instead, I'd show you a quilt I made. (Try to ignore the baby and focus on the quilt, please.) This is one of very few traditional bed size quilts I ever made. I made it about 13 years ago for Emily to take with her to college. I have always loved the log cabin pattern and this one was made from fabrics that I sold in my quilt shop in Ashland. Emily used the quilt in college, at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington, followed by a year teaching and working in Portland, then she packed it up, with all her other worldly belongings and drove it cross-country to graduate school at the School for International Training in Vermont. It was stored in our basement all the time she was in South America. She has had it on her bed here in Portland since she and Cayo moved here last summer. It has been well-used and I think, loved. It is a little faded, but all in all, has held up pretty well.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Terry. There can never be too many pictures of the little one, keep sharing them she is beautiful, oh! the quilt is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can look at a quilt when there is such a cute baby on top of it? I think the quilt is pretty nice to though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can plaster the whole blog with pictures of that darling. What quilt????Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Good grief, that child looks to be 6 weeks old. What have you been feeding her? And don't give us any of that stuff about too many photos -- we can spot a scam when we see one.

    ReplyDelete