Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sir Paul


"Who knows how long I've loved you
You know I love you still
Will I wait a lonely lifetime
If you want me to, I will
And when at last I find you
Your song will fill the air
Sing it loud so I can hear you
Make it easy to be near you
For the things you do endear you to me
Oh, you know I will
I will"
He wrote the soundtrack of my life and I have waited since the age of 17 to see him sing and play those songs that have come to mean so much. It was good to wait, because now those songs mean even more--all the good times and bad, all the friends here and gone, all those years are wrapped up in the music.
"And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on 'til tomorrow, let it be"
John was the edgy, intellectual Beatle. George was the spiritual Beatle. Ringo was....uh, the drummer. Paul was the romantic, the optimist, the life-with-all-it's-pain-and-sorrow-is-worth-living Beatle. The immensely talented Beatle. He is still all those things. My head is filled with music and I still can hardly believe that I just saw Paul McCartney. I actually HEARD him sing Yesterday and Blackbird and Hey, Jude and, and, and . . . I am hopelessly starstruck.
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love
You make"

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you. My friend just saw him play in Denver last week. My youngest son is a Beatlemaniac. He's 12, he really wanted to see Paul play live too.

    ReplyDelete