Thursday, September 28, 2006

This is what I did with the paisley fabric

I tried out all kinds of backgrounds for this crazy hat lady. Nothing worked until I tried the paisley. Yes, it's a little, um, busy. But I just went crazy with the prints and I do love the richness of all that pattern. I think pattern is where my head is these days.

Where did she come from? I thought I was embarked on a series of architectural images, but after I finished the domes I just kept seeing this crazy hat in my mind. (it actually looks a little like a paisley shape in itself, doesn't it? Do you call just one a "paisl"?) Now I am envisioning different kinds of hats. Maybe "hats" is my new thing. Ironic, because I look stupid in hats. My head is way too big. Maybe this is my way of dealing with hats.

Who says my art doesn't express deep emotions?

6 comments:

  1. i haven't visited your blog in a few days and wow! look what i open to...she is spectacular...the hat reminded me of an African gelee'. and her lipstick colour is smashing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so nice! I don't think it is too busy at all - just very striking and rich. I must take up painting on quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, I just love the way you work those familiar commercial fabrics in to a stunning piece. Is this our altar ego - the woman who can wear hats? Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stange, I don;t like prints normally but this is great. I think they almost tone each other down by being so busy. Fantastic. I am really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Well, I am laughing. When I first looked at it I thought "She's wearing a paisle for a hat." Then I read your comments--identical thoughts!
    Your architecture is great but your people are WOW! So, keep the hats if you like--we will all love them.
    BTW-I have a fedora that I would wear if it didn't look so rediculous on MY great big head. Do you have anyone in your imagination who could pull that look off?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "crazy hat lady"; nice work!

    ReplyDelete