Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Another stamp

I carved another stamp. This time I used a firmer carving material and it was easier to carve, but the results look pretty similar to the last one I made.

I stole this design from the Mayans. You may remember this photo from a couple of years ago.

It was taken in the Anthropology Museum in Mexico City. Can you see the part of the motif that I used?

Like the last stamp I made, this one can be used for a variety of repeating patterns that change depending on how you rotate the stamp with each print. Here are today's results.


This last one, set on point, reminds me of an eye with fat lashes and a tiny little eyebrow. Totally didn't see that when I was carving it!

You may wonder what I am going to do with all these printed fabric bits. I wonder too.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous!

    Hey, what kind of paint are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura9:03 AM

    Isn't it just great to have such freedom to pursue whatever strikes your fancy? One of the great joys of life! Admire your style Terry! Fun to see what you'll do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waves are my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each time you stamp it reminds me that I want to get out my stamping stuff too. Your results are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I come be your apprentice?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete