Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lazy me

I have been sitting here at my computer, catching up on email and blogs for a couple hours now. I have been out of town at a conference for the past three days and drove home today. I am beat. It was a good conference, but I feel exhausted by all the people, sleeping in a hotel bed, lugging around a totebag full of stuff, wrestling a suitcase, etc. etc. Good to be home and enjoying the quiet.

I have been doodling lately. The one above was done during the longest business meeting I attended at the conference. I have more to say about doodling, but I'll do that another day.

Email sure piles up when I don't check it everyday. There is someone in a group I belong to that doesn't seem to like me very much. Her email bummed me out a little. Ideas were solicited. I offered mine. She didn't like it, which is fine with me, but she felt compelled to explain, in an email to the entire group, just why it was such an unworthy idea, in her opinion. Not the first time she has made me feel small. Oh well. If I weren't so tired, it probably wouldn't have gotten to me.

My last post was written before I left and set to publish while I was gone. It published with that looooooooong space at the end of it. Don't know why it did that, but it is fixed now. That's the most ambitious task I have tackled this afternoon! Lazy, I tell you.

11 comments:

  1. You are just tired. Hey- try 12 days of a hotel room, lugging stuff to meetings, etc. But, of course I had all that fiber stuff to keep me sane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I love your doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doodles too-reminds me of being at work. Sorry about the long days and the person who wasn't so nice via email and felt complelled to share that. I have found that not everyone has a sense of right and wrong when it comes to email etiquette:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I bet you're glad to be home! Lovely doodling. Sorry about the bad cyber-relationship. Stories like this are very very common, but that certainly doesn't make it hurt less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not lazy, just in need of re-energizing. I suspect everything will seem better after a night or two sleep in your own bed, familiar routine, and positive interaction with those around you (not to belittle the hurt of being made to feel small, but I suspect you'll be over it when you get your groove back).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I bet everyone else in that group thinks that person is really mean! She is the small one not you. Something similar happened to me once and I just did an extremely gracious, "Well how stupid am I you are so right' type of apology and not only did I get all the original private comments of support I then got huge plaudits for being so gracious. Inside of course I was blowing raspberries and singing," who's the stupid one now then?' But of course I cannot ever admit that or I won't appear so mature and gracious!! I want to know what you have to say about doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This doodle looks like something that could be print on fabric, dyed, quilted... no, I'm not interfering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your doodle, reminds me of something I blogged about recently... I'll be interested in your further remarks on this subject

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so easy to get your feelings hurt over things like this. I had a run-in soon after I broke my hip with someone who is a champion for truly disabled persons. Her comments on my Blog were so angry and mean-spirited that I had to ask her to take a break. She has never chosen to apologize and pick up our friendship.

    It's a time like this when you have to value your other friends and just let that one go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a sad thing with the annoying mail. Some people let out a frustration which is not meant personally. After all, many of us are directors of their own movie; and she put you in as an actor, but acutally she doesn't know anything about you, it's just her casting. For some odd reason she made you play the part that someone else had in her life, maybe her mother or grandma. It has nothing to do with you! Moreover, such an action as you mentioned causes more loneliness for the person who spreads something negative about you. So there are reasons to pity her more than be angry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eva's comment is very insightful. It's probably not about you at all, Terry. You were just the next person to cross her path (virtually, of course). It's difficult absorbing other people's poison. Hope you have moved on now.

    ReplyDelete