I finished the hand sewing of the facing and the sleeve on the red umbrellas piece tonight while I watched TV. So, except for a label it is finished. I will photo and post it here in the next day or two.
I have several show/sales coming up and I am torn between exhibiting my three new pieces or showing some unsold older work. I am leaning toward the latter. I am kind of wanting to hold the shirting/architectural work back for now until I have built up more of a body of that work. With that in mind I pulled out some of my older pieces that I like and would feel good about showing and happy to sell! There are two that I made several years ago that are similar and the same size and proportion, but I have come to dislike the proportion. Today I cut both of them down to what I think is a better proportion and re-finished them. Here they are in their newly proportioned personae.
This is what the first one looked like before. The other was the same size. Somehow I got into making a bunch of long, skinny pieces. They held some appeal to me at the time, but as time has gone by I am not so crazy about that orientation. Each is now 20" by 30"—an approximate golden rectangle. I am happier with them.
A few years ago I was making little 2" squares from my scraps. These two pieces are where all those little squares ended up. They were fun to look at again.