Sunday, November 13, 2011

Costco

We had lunch at Costco today. Once or twice a year I eat a hot dog and it is always at Costco. They are very good hot dogs. And I don't even like hot dogs.

At the next table a young man sat with his hot dog in front of him. He had his head bowed, eyes lowered and hands folded in his lap. His lips moved silently. "He is praying," I thought to myself. I am always startled to see people saying grace over their food in public places. Then he brought his hands up from his lap, to the table and I saw that he had his phone cradled in both hands. He was playing Angry Birds, not praying. Shoulda' known.

10 comments:

  1. very interesting post! need to say i love it! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you played Angry Birds? A coworker had me "learn" to play on her iPhone and then later on her iPad. I don't understand why people love it. It's badly made, moves slow, doesn't accomplish much and is boring.

    Am I so out of the loop? I mentioned to my game playing/code writing son in CA that he could, should write a better game ap. And give me half the money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I so understand. I absolutely love Angry Birds! I don't play it in public because I move around too much and look like a total moron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica G.8:18 AM

    I enjoy a frozen yogurt swirl every now and then at Costco. It almost makes the trip tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Angry Birds and a hot dog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it that the Costco Dogs are still the same price they were in the 90's. Since I usually have knitting or a book, I'm not much into any of the video games. Am I the only one in the world with no costco membership?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:33 PM

    I wondered if you thought of having a bit of directional movement by may be going around the window left to right and down the side, etc..as I find your collection so interesting but it seems to be abrubtly ending each time, just above the window...hmmm? Looked like a good lunch at a good price and I dont do hot dogs either. Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, very informative. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in the Buckle on the Bible Belt (Nashville), it's not unusual to see folks giving thanks in public. It's not my habit but I sure prefer it to seeing iPhone zombies at every turn!

    ReplyDelete