Thursday, November 03, 2011

Houston!

By the time you read this I will be on my way to Houston to the International Quilt Festival.

When the Twelve by Twelve project became a book, we decided to try to get our quilts accepted as a special exhibit at the biggest, most prestigious quilt show in the world. Thanks to generous sponsorship by Del Thomas and the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection it is happening! It seemed like the perfect opportunity for the Twelve by Twelve meetup we have been talking about for four years. Nine of the Twelve will be there. We wish the other three could be there too, but they are with us in spirit! I have met four of the twelve and am looking forward to meeting the other four for the first time Thursday. I could not be more excited.

If you are at the festival please come by and say hello and see our exhibit. I promise you it is amazing! I will be taking photos and blogging when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment