Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fimo fun

Today I showed my nieces, Steffi and Jamie, how to make Fimo beads by first making canes with a design that can be sliced and applied over and over.

Steffi was working with a purple and red palette, Jamie was using teal and green. I was using purples.
















Steffie shows off her first completed bead.

I was happy to see that the girls experimented and tried out their own ideas, rather than just copying what I was doing.


Here are our completed beads and some tins to put them in that we covered with Fimo. Remember when I bought these nice little tins at S.C.R.A.P. back in April? I knew I'd find a use for them.

3 comments:

  1. Great project. I must remember this for M & M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great teacher, making them comfortable enough to branch out and try their own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:16 PM

    I don't know which I like best--the beads or the tins. That's looks like so much fun. Wish I'd been there.

    ReplyDelete